Date & time
The Transnational Environmental Crime project, based in the Department of International Relations at the Australian National University, will host an international conference in Canberra on 15 September 2011. This conference will to bring together academics, policy experts, practitioners and NGOs from within Australia and across the Asia Pacific to explore the extent of criminal activity involved in TEC, to examine the nature of illicit networks that facilitate and sustain this illegal trade, and to investigate the regulatory and law enforcement responses particularly those that involve various forms of networked collaboration.
- Key themes of the project
- Case studies – illicit transnational activity in key TEC sectors
- Transnational networks in law enforcement and compliance
- Agency: networking to expose networks
Conference registration will include morning and afternoon teas, lunch and all conference materials.
- Full registration: $120 (including GST)
- Student registration: $55 (including GST)
- Final online registration date: 14 September 2011
- Cash payments will only be accepted for late registrations and can be made directly to the TEC Project office located in Room 2.07 on Level 2 in the Hedley Bull Centre
For more information on these events please do not hesitate to contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org